College (ABC's) Application Boot Camp
Designed to offer students the dedicated support needed to navigate the college application process, this two-day workshop takes high school seniors through the ABC's of finding, applying to and attending a college.
All participants complete a college application and receive direct support from a personal statement coach.
We provide customizable training and technical assistance for mentoring and youth development programs. We specialize in helping mentoring programs better serve marginalized youth populations.
- Resume and Cover Letter creation and editing
- Mock Interviews
- Dress for Success
- Social Media presence
- Customer Service Role Playing
Money Smart Series (for Adults)
The Money Smart for Adults instructor-led curriculum consists of eleven training modules that cover basic financial topics. Topics include a description of deposit and credit services offered by financial institutions, choosing and maintaining a checking account, spending plans, the importance of saving, how to obtain and use credit effectively, and the basics of building or repairing credit.
The Curriculum Covers Eleven (11) Topics
- Bank on It - an introduction to bank services
- Borrowing Basics - an introduction to credit
- Check It Out - how to choose and keep a checking account
- Money Matters - how to keep track of your money
- Pay Yourself First - why you should save, save, save
- Financial Recovery - how to recover financially and rebuild your credit after a financial-setback
- Keep It Safe - your rights as a consumer
- To Your Credit - how your credit history will affect your credit future
- Charge It Right - how to make a credit card work for you
- Loan To Own - know what you're borrowing before you buy
- Your Own Home - what home ownership is all about
Money Smart Series (for Older Adults)
Money Smart for Older Adults (MSOA) is an instructor-led training developed jointly by the FDIC and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The curriculum has been enhanced with new information and resources that allow older adults and their caregivers to make comprehensive financial decisions with confidence. Learn about common types of fraud and scams and how to prevent elder financial exploitation. Most importantly, discover ways to keep your information safe and secure through advanced planning.
The Curriculum Covers Seven(7) Topics:
- Common Types of Elder Financial Exploitation
- Scams Targeting Veterans
- Identity Theft
- Medical Identity Theft
- Scams that Target Homeowners
- Planning for Unexpected Life Events
- How to Be Financially Prepared for Disasters
Microsoft Word is a word processing system that can be utilized for both business and personal use. While already feature rich and critical for productivity, Microsoft continues to improve and enhance Word with each new release.
Microsoft Word training at New Horizons will help you develop or improve your Microsoft Word skills so that you are able to make the most of this industry standard application. All of our Microsoft Word classes are taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers.
MICROSOFT WORD COURSES WILL COVER:
- Newest features of Word
- Document creation, editing, and saving
- Formatting text and paragraphs
- Working with tables, columns, and other formatting features
- Graphics, WordArt, charts, and text flow
- Document templates
- Advanced features including mail merge, macros, document versioning, and proofing tools
Microsoft PowerPoint is powerful software that allows you to create captivating slide presentations that can easily be shared on the web. If you want to present any information creatively and professionally, then Microsoft PowerPoint is the perfect tool.
New Horizons has courses to help you learn how to use Microsoft PowerPoint and get started on creating memorable PowerPoint presentations. All of New Horizons' Microsoft PowerPoint classes are taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers.
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT COURSE TOPICS
- New Features of PowerPoint
- Creating presentations with PowerPoint
- Formatting and organizing PowerPoint slides
- Working with graphics, tables and charts
- Adding multimedia and SmartArt presentations
- Integrating with Microsoft Office files
Microsoft Excel is the most commonly used spreadsheet application. Learning how to use Excel is an investment in both your personal and professional life. Excel makes it easy to monitor financial performance, such as business profit or loss, calculate payments on large purchases, plan a budget, or stay organized with checklists.
As an employee, learning how to use Excel efficiently provides value, since most jobs utilize this application. This opens up more opportunities for employment and career advancement.
When employees know how to use Excel, it improves their efficiency in the workplace. Employees who know how to create detailed worksheets, invoices, charts, and complex formulas achieve professional results in a fraction of the time.
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application that places emphasis on page layout and design. It lets you create visually rich, professionally-looking publications, including flyers, posters, product catalogs, and email newsletters.
When you or your team effectively utilize Microsoft Publisher, then you save on graphic design costs and have more control over the presentation of your personal message.
Walton Inspires offers Publishing training to help get you started on using Microsoft Publisher's intuitive, easy-to-use software. Whether you are new to Microsoft Publisher or looking to learn new tips and tricks, we have you covered.
MICROSOFT PUBLISHER COURSE TOPICS
- Working with basic publications
- Editing and formatting publications
- Working with pictures and graphics
- Preparing a publication for distribution